Information and Application
Admission requirements for applying for training in child and adolescent psychotherapy at the CPP Mannheim include a diploma or completed Master's degree in Psychology with Clinical Psychology as examination subject, or the diploma or completed Master's degree in social pedagogy or pedagogy. Persons who work in science and pursue a further scientific qualification (PhD) are especially considered.
Application and Selection Process
You can collect information about the training at the CPP Mannheim by participating at an information event, via our website, taking a look at various information sheets, and by asking for telephone or personal consulting appointments in order to take your decision.
Submission of Application Documents
Please send us the following documents via our online application platform or by postal mail:
- Written application with personal substantiation of your interest to become a psychotherapist
- Resume in tabular form with photo
- Proof of a completed college major in psychology that includes the subject of clinical psychology (copy of the diploma or master's certificate)
- Relevant employers’ references
- Proof of having worked at least six weeks as psychologist or trainee in psychology
- Proof of having had psychological/psychotherapeutic training
- Proof of having started or completed a dissertation, indicating the name of the supervisor, doctorate-entitling faculty and a two-page exposé of the dissertation
Your specific qualification will be tested against paragraph 6 of the admission regulations based on your submitted documents and a selection process. The applications received are evaluated according to a point system that takes the grade received in the diploma or Master's degree, previous clinical-practical experience (internships, professional activities) and/or scientific experience.
The interview will be conducted by two memberships of the selection and examination commission.
You will receive feedback within few days after the interview as to whether we can offer you a training position.
Training in child and adolescent psychotherapy at the CPP Mannheim starts every year in February. It is possible to start applying now. Selection interviews take place continuously. Once no more positions are available for a specific training class, recruiting begins for the following trainings class. There are 9 places for studying available per year.
With admission to training, a contract will be signed by the CPP Mannheim and training participants. You can already start with practical work earlier if you wish, but only 6 months before beginning the theoretical training at the earliest. A signed training contract is required.
Hier geht es zur Online- Bewerbungsseite
PD Dr. Anne Dyer, Dipl.-Psych.
Central Institute of Mental Health
Postfach 12 21 20
Phone: +49 (0) 621 1703-6170 oder -6152
Zentralinstitut für Seelische Gesundheit (ZI) - https://www.zi-mannheim.de