Educator – Specialising in Youth and Home Educators
You want to do a varied and social education? Do you enjoy working with children and young people? Then training as an educator for youth and home education could be just right for you!
The training as an educator for youth and home education is very versatile and varied:
As an educator you take care of the well-being of children and young people. You support them in their everyday lives, help them to learn and thus become an important caregiver. Depending on the field of activity, educators for youth and home education also take care of the organisation of leisure activities or conduct individual or group discussions.
You should have an open ear for the children, be able to put yourself in their shoes and help them to feel comfortable.
As an educator for youth and home education you can work in children's and youth hostels, youth and family counselling centres, day care centres and child and youth psychiatries.
Duration of Training
24 months full-time school (+ 12 months internship) or 36 months dual education
Collective agreement on training remuneration (TVA-L-BBiG)
A lower secondary school leaving certificate or a qualification recognised as equivalent
a relevant professional qualification or at least one year of appropriate and instructed practical activity in social and health care institutions and services
The child and youth welfare service is a demanding professional field in which one works strongly networked. This is why you acquire knowledge from very different areas during your training:
- Didactics and methodology
- Pedagogy and social work science with special and curative pedagogy
- Psychology and Sociology
- Law and Professional Studies
- environmental and health education
- Media education with children's and youth literature
- Religion, Ethics, Sports, Games, Music and Dance
- own body experience and theatre pedagogy
- design and works
- experiential education
- professional learning areas: Practical guidance in the practical fields, practical advice in small groups by the technical school, specialist days with practice mentors, practical visits
- General education area
Elke Lehnert, Head of Human Resources Development
Phone: +49 (0)621 1703-1561
Zentralinstitut für Seelische Gesundheit (ZI) - https://www.zi-mannheim.de