Information for participants
Here you can find several informations for participants.
(Frequently asked questions)
„I’m interested in your study – why can’t I participate voluntarily?“
We are sorry but due to scientific reasons you cannot participate voluntarily. Our study design requests randomly drawn persons. But maybe you are one of the people, so watch out for your mail box!
„I lost the answering card and your letter – may I participate anyway?”
„I am difficult/hard to reach on the phone. Are there any other options to arrange an appointment?”
You can write to us by e-mail and arrange an individual appointment. Or you can use the contact form.
„Can I get a written confirmation for the examination for work / school / university?“
Of course we offer certifications in forms of written confirmations to you and/or your child if you need one.
“Do you respect data privacy?”
We consider privacy as an important issue. We are serious about the careful use of your personal data, contact data and personal information. Your personal data is stored separately from the study data (like questionnaires and other study data). A misuse of your personal data will not occur on any account. In the clarification talk where you can give your informed consent we provide more information about privacy.
Contact us, if you have any questions that are not answered on this page!
Below you will find the most important information on the "Outpatient Assessment" module in a nutshell:
You spend your everyday life as usual during the examination week and behave quite normally, as usual. It is important that you always carry the devices (accelerometer and smartphone) with you during the waking hours and that you read the questions after each alarm in a concentrated manner and answer them honestly (in short: "take a moment to do so"). Only if you answer the questions honestly we can use the data and obtain truthful study results that help us better understand the relationship between mood, location and physical activity.
For your own safety, in dangerous situations you must always refrain from answering the questions/ignore the device, e.g. in road traffic.
Notes on the devices
- attachment: Please attach the acceleration sensor to the belt/trouser/skirt waistband on the right side so that the lettering "movisens" points to the right outside.
- Securing: Please attach the acceleration sensor additionally with a thread to a belt/trouser loop in such a way that it cannot fall off and/or get lost.
- Recording: A red flashing LED below the lettering "movisens" indicates the correct functioning of the sensor.
- Disconnecting the sensor: Please disconnect the sensor only in exceptional cases; this includes all activities in which the device may come into contact with water (e.g. showers, strong perspiration, washing clothes, visiting the swimming pool, etc.), be damaged (e.g. physical sports) or get lost. Temperatures below -20°C and above 60°C can damage the device. Please inform the experimenter of the times when the sensor was not worn.
- Please always carry your smartphone with you during your waking hours. Only in exceptional cases you should not carry the smartphone with you (for example, see the section above entitled "Storing the motion sensor").
- If possible, the smartphone should always be carried "as uncovered as possible" (a clear view of the sky is the optimum): for example, when driving, directly under the windscreen. It is also better, for example, to carry the smartphone in your trouser or jacket pocket than in your backpack under many other items. The reason for this is to ensure that there is sufficient reception to record the whereabouts.
- Recording: The appearance of mood queries within the following time corridors and frequencies indicates the correct functioning of the smartphone.
- Mood polls take place at the following times:
- Children and young people 12-17 years: From Monday to Friday approx. 4 to 7 queries per day between 16:00 and 20:30; on weekends approx. 8 to 17 queries per day between 9:00 and 20:00.
- Adults 18 to 65 years: weekdays and weekends between 7:30 and 22:30 every 30 to 100 minutes.
-Silent function: In exceptional cases (e.g. important meetings) you can set the smartphone to silent by briefly pressing the on/off button and selecting the silent function (please do not select the flight mode function under any circumstances). Please remember to reactivate the sound afterwards. You must not activate the flight mode, as this would interrupt the study. Please always leave the mobile phone switched on, as switching it off would interrupt the study.
-The study mode cannot and must not be left.
Charging the devices
Please charge both devices regularly - at the latest every second day the devices must be charged for approx. 2-3 hours to ensure correct functioning. Do charge at times when you are not on the move, so that the recording is not affected, e.g. during the evening hours at home.
Questions / Inconsistencies / Problems
Please do not hesitate to contact us (e.g. if the smartphone does not work anymore, the acceleration sensor no longer flashes red, etc.). We want to make sure that the devices work correctly and that you can handle them. You can reach us as follows:
- Message about the study smartphone
- Phone: 00 49 (0) 176 - 94 98 99 61
- e-mail Markus.Reichert(at)zi-mannheim.de
Thank you very much for your participation in the study and the module "Ambulantes Assessment"!
Zentralinstitut für Seelische Gesundheit (ZI) - https://www.zi-mannheim.de